ďOlympus Mythical TrailĒ is a 100K mountain-trail race that is taking place on Mount Olympus, Greece, the famous ďMountain of GodsĒ. The race applies to experienced athletes, as it requires advanced skills due to its high difficulty grade. The route spreads out in a 100K distance and covers totally 7180 meters of elevation gain. The trail passes through unique scenery that offers tremendous view of the famous mountain, and in the meantime constitutes a tough trial for mountain runners, in a demanding technical terrain. The race starts at midnight from the archaelogical site of Dion, increasing thus its emotional degree and physical difficulty.
- Distance: 104 Kilometers
- Ascent: 7180 meters
- Course type: Loop
- Time limit: 28 hours
- Highest altitude: 2906 meters
- Lowest altitude: 270 meters
- Aid stations: 12
- Cut-off time points: 2 (Κ-28, Κ-70)
- Drop bag: 1 (at Κ-70)
- Obligatory equipment: Yes (jacket)
- Medical Certificate: No
- Start: every first Saturday of July, at midnight 00:00 (Litochoro)
- Closure: Sunday 04:00 (Litochoro)
- Participants number: 150 in total (20 non-Greek residents)
- Qualification for non-Greeks: a 100K trail race in the last 3 years
- Inscriptions: 1 February - 31 March
- Race Directoer: Lazaros Rigos
datum en andere gegevens voorbehouden.
Neem altijd contact op met de organisator voor inschrijving en actuele informatie.